Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Is it 1997 yet?

Hey guys! It's Aaron Nace here! How the hell are you all doing? Man, it was so nice of Alex to let me guest blog on his overnight sensation blog, Please Help the..., Let's hear it for Alex! He's seriously such a sweet man, and I love him.

I just wanted a quick chance to quickly go over my process for creating high quality images that really, in my heart of hearts, display my feelings on my sleeve, and showcase my unique and interesting artistic talents and visions. I'll use my most recent masterpiece, the one you see above there, to explain.

Usually my day starts with me getting dressed. I put my pants on two legs at a time, and brush my teeth for four minutes, then I go into my closet of costume clothing, and see what kind of zany shit I can throw on and call a statement today. Today I found this awesome black striped shirt and tie, and I was like, "Oh man, that stuff is just so emo, I'm totally gonna do a emo photo today!" Remember when Johnny Cash said "I wear black on the outside, 'cause black's how I feel on the inside"? Me neither, but ever since I put Rosie back on the plane to England, (Brixton? Buxton? Whales? I get so confused) I've been feeling so glum.

So that was the concept of this photo; I wanted to marginalize and stereotype an entire group of people who look a certain way, and glaze it over under the guise of artistic pursuit, with out taking into consideration the grossly erroneous nature of my claims.

You see, in this particular photo, I'm attempting to make fun of emo kids. I'm so out of touch, that I didn't realize that emo kids, unlike goth kids, are not only accepting of their status of cliquish conformity but them embrace it, but who really cares about that. My avenue of attack on these unassuming (and apparently, uncaring) lot is the use of common emo style cues and an embarrassing iconic music selection. Note my use of facial piercings and leather bands; so poignant!

To top it all off, I added a little prose laden captions to whet the appetite of my little darling, Rosie. Why are you so far away from me? I'm right here, and you're way across the sea!

P.S. Thanks Rivers!

No, thank you, Aaron. Isn't he something folks? Aaron Nace, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to enlighten us.

I don't have much to say, because he did such a wonderful job. I would like to say that anyone who's ever heard the song "Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance should know that emo kids love their sense of unity and conformity. I don't even like emo music, and I know that.

Also, Aaron, focus is a little soft in this one, what happened?

((THIS WAS A PARODY, I DON'T WANT ANY CRAP, Mr. GOVERNMENT!))

Check out my Flickr for an alternative to thoughtless art!

No comments: